Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fight The Power!

(Photo courtesy of HOH8Campaign.com - Adam Bouska Photography)

Hey guys,

I am THRILLED that Prop 8 was overturned in California. I was in San Francisco 2 years ago and just like everyone else, I was happy and disappointed with the events of the night. Happy because Barack Obama won and became our nations first black president, but disappointed change was cut short and Prop 8 passed. I am proud to say I, along with my friends, was one of those people who took to the streets and marched for the injustice of it all. It was electrifying to be amongst these people and you could feel the emotions projecting out of everyones body. The anger, the sadness, the hope... the air was so thick you could cut straight through it.

I personally believe I everyone should be allowed to get married with whomever they choose and NO ONE has the right to take that away or say who you can love. Its ridiculous to say otherwise.

Probably the best line from the case came from Judge Vaughn Walker. He said:
"Moral disapproval alone is an improper basis on which to deny rights to gay men and lesbians,"

Now its on to what is likely to be a U.S. Supreme Court show down. I support the Gay and Lesbian community 100% and will stand by your side when you need a soldier to fight.



With Love,
Wolf Hudson

No comments: