Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wolf Hudson's Flavor Explosion: Dominican Food (VIDEO)


Hey everyone,

Most of you know that I LOVE food. I mean, everyone loves food, but I REALLY LOVE food. I appreciate all aspects of, mainly flavor and presentation. I am a very picky eater and will refuse to eat anything mediocre, so when I'm presented with food on my plate, I mean business and I expect a "flavor explosion".

Now by know you know that the term "flavor explosion", has kinda become a sort of catchphrase of mine since I use it a lot on Twitter, BUT... I don't use that word loosely. I mean it when I say it and most people agree with me when I reference it.

I am originally from New York City (the Bronx in particular), and raised in a Dominican household. Coming from a latin family, I had the fortunate chance to enjoy Dominican food all the time, but I took it for granted when I was younger and always wonder why we couldn't eat something different. As grown man, I can say I completely took it for granted. Now that I live in Los Angeles, I've been so craving for my Dominican fix, but sadly... you just don't find it on the West Coast. I did find ONE restaurant called Mama Fina (the food is AMAZING!), but it's a bit far. But a friend of mine informed me about this new food truck called Lidia's Dominican Restaurant and they serve... DOMINICAN FOOD! YES! YES! YES!

I just HAD to go and try it for myself. I was overwhelmed with enthusiasm at the prospect of eating something that could taste close to the richness prepared by the ladies in my family when I was growing up. I recorded the event (please excuse my crappy camera job) and I'm sharing with you. Enjoy the clip.





Wet dreams,
Wolf Hudson

No comments: